Monday 25 July 2011

Speech 3

Here's the two-minute dialogue.  This time I've ripped off The Two Ronnies:


It still needs some work.  The Fuji-san joke (Fuji-san can either mean mount Fuji or Mr Fuji) is lame, and I think most people will miss the "makes us ... with a baseball bat" double meaning.
QUIZ SHOW

A: What is your name?

B: [silence]

A: And in this quiz, you must not answer the question I ask. You must answer the previous question. Oh ... er ... just a moment. I need to mark your answers here. Which pencil is mine?

B: My name’s [B’s name].

A: And your time starts … now. Please complete this line of Shakespeare: “To be, or not to be...”.

B: It’s 4B.

A: What is the purpose of AKB48?

B: That is the question.

A: What is the Japanese diet?

B: They exist to perform and entertain people in Tokyo. The least popular members are removed in elections.

A: What is a yokozuna?

B: A lot of fish, rice and soybeans.

A: I am a very fat man with long hair. I sometimes put on strange clothes and appear on TV. I make a lot of money from cellphones. Who am I?

B: A champion sumo wrestler.

A: What is the largest and most famous mountain in Japan?

B: Matsuko Delux.

A: And finally, please describe your sports teacher.

B: Fuji-san.

A: Time’s up! That’s the end of the quiz ... and the end of our skit. How do you think it went? Did our English teacher prepare us well?

B: He makes us practice with a baseball bat until we get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment